Although the simplest way to use a GoPro is to insert a media card and hit record, you can enable a ton a features by connecting your HERO4 Session to the GoPro app on your smartphone. Check out how to connect your Session to your iPhone or Android to the GoPro app:
On your smartphone or tablet:
- Download the GoPro App to your smartphone/tablet from App Store on iPhone or the Google Play Store on Android.
- Open the app, then tap Connect Your Camera.
- Tap Add New Device, then tap HERO4 Session.
- Tap Yes if this is your first time pairing the camera.
On the GoPro Session camera:
- Press the Info/Wireless button to open the wireless menu.
- Press the Info/Wireless button again to cycle to APP, then press the Shutter/Select button to select.
On the GoPro app:
- Tap Continue.
- Enter the PIN displayed on your camera status screen, then tap Pair.
- Create a new camera name and password, then tap Continue.
- Exit the GoPro app, then go to Settings on your device.
- Select the camera from the list of available Wi-Fi connections.
- Return to the GoPro App. Your camera now appears with a blue dot next to it to indicate it is connected.
- Your GoPro Session and the GoPro app are now connected. Tap the name of your camera to open the Live View screen and access modes and settings.