Samsung introduced a built-in fingerprint scanner inside the home button for advanced biometric security in the Galaxy S series, and now the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 includes a fingerprint sensor for even faster and more convenient security. Here’s how to enable fingerprint scanning and add additional fingerprints to your Samsung Galaxy Note 5:
- Open the Lock screen and security menu on the Personal page of the Settings app.
- Tap the Screen lock type menu, then tap on Fingerprints to require fingerprint verification when unlocking your phone.
- You will be guided through the process of adding your first fingerprint. This involves touching and lifting your finger on the home button several times to capture the entire print.
- After adding the first fingerprint, navigate back to the Lock screen and security menu, then tap Fingerprints.
- Here, you can add a new fingerprint by tapping Add fingerprint and repeating the process of capturing a fingerprint.
- Below the Manage fingerprints section, you find options to use fingerprint scanning in other locations:
- Web sign-in lets you use your fingerprint to automatically type in saved passwords in the browser.
- Verify Samsung account uses your fingerprints to securely log you into your Samsung account.