Your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is a pretty capable Android device, but did you know that you can use it as a remote control for IR devices like your TV and set top boxes? Here’s how to use the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge as a remote control:
- Find and open the Peel Smart Remote app that comes installed on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Follow the instructions to set up your account and configuration.
- Select the brand of your television.
- Test the power buttons in order to find the right IR codes for your TV.
- Once set up, you can use the app just as you would a dedicated remote control, in addition to all the added functionality in the Peel app, which includes features like personalized TV guide and show listings.
- In the remote section, tap on the top section that indicates the room, then tap on Add device to configure remotes for each of the devices that can be controlled via remote.