Having your phone buzz in your pocket or on your bedside table from all the calls, messages, and app notifications can be one of the most annoying parts of having a smartphone. Luckily, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 provides a feature called Do Not Disturb to help curb the (sometimes constant) stream of distractions flowing from your device. Here’s how to use Do Not Disturb on the Galaxy Note 5:
- Open the Sounds and Notifications menu in the Device page of the Settings app.
- Tap on the Do Not Disturb menu.
- Switch on the toggle next to Do Not Disturb.
- Turning on DND unlocks additional options for the mode below.
- Allow Exceptions lets you selectively allow notifications when in Do Not Disturb mode. You can selectively enable alarms, calls, messages, or calls and/or messages from specific groups: favorite contacts only or contacts only.
- configure the Schedule section to automatically turn on Do Not Disturb on those days and times. This is especially useful to set for when you are normally asleep.