At some point, you will likely want to make your tablet as clean as the day you got it. Whether you’re selling or giving your device away when upgrading, or you just want to start fresh, here’s how to reset your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to factory settings:
Note: this operation can only be performed under the device owner profile.
- Before factory resetting your tablet, make sure you have backed up or downloaded any data you want to preserve, such as photos and videos.
- Open the Settings app and scroll to the Personal section on the left-hand side.
- Tap on Backup and Reset.
- You are presented with a list detailing everything that will be erased from your phone. Tap RESET DEVICE at the bottom of the screen.
- If you have set up the fingerprint scanner, you will be asked to confirm your fingerprint.
- Your device will begin the reset process. When finished, the phone will operate just like the day you got it, and starts into the tablet setup process.