Unlike other mobile device operating systems (ahem fruit-flavored ones), Android and TouchWiz lets you change the apps that your phone uses by default for certain applications. For example, when you tap on a link, you have the option to change the app that opens that link, whether it’s a built-in browser, or one you downloaded from the Play Store. Here’s how to change the default apps on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2:
- To reset and change the default apps, open the Applications menu in the Device section of the Settings app.
- Tap on Default Applications. Here you will see the current default apps.
- Here you can change the default applications for the home screen launcher and Messages app.
- For other default apps, you can tap Clear to reset the defaults for various actions that app is currently responsible for.
- When performing an action that doesn’t yet have an action, you will see a popup at the bottom of the screen giving you a list of apps that can handle the action and asks you to pick an app to either use just this once or to be the default app for this action.