It might seem obvious how to change a ringtone on your phone, but how do you add new ones? Let’s walk through how to add and change ringtones on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5:
- Open the Settings app on your Note 5 and swipe to the Device pane.
- Tap on Sounds and Notifications then Ringtones and Sounds.
- Tap on Ringtone.
- You’re given a list of ringtones that come pre-installed on your Galaxy Note 5. Tap on any of them to preview the ringtone. At the bottom of the list, you’ll find the Add Ringtone selection where you can add your own songs to use as ringtones. This opens the sound picker, where you’re given the option to select from any audio on your device to use as the ringtone.
- Once you’ve found a song or audio clip you want to use as your ringtone, tap Done at the top right.
Ringtones can also be set on a per-contact basis so that a specific ringtone plays when that person calls:
- Open the the contact either through the Phone app or the Contacts app.
- Navigate to the contact and tap Edit at the top of the screen.
- Tap Ringtone and select the ringtone you would like to use for this contact.
- Tap Save.