It might seem obvious how to change a ringtone on your phone, but how do you add new ones? Let’s walk through how to add and change ringtones on your Samsung Galaxy S6:
- Open the Settings app on your S6 and swipe to the Device pane.
- Tap on Sounds and Notifications then Ringtones and Sounds.
- Tap on Ringtone.
- You’re given a list of ringtones that come pre-installed on your Samsung Galaxy S6. Tap on any of them to preview the ringtone. At the bottom of the list, you’ll find the Add Ringtone selection, here is where you can add your own ringtones to use with your phone. This opens the sound picker, where you’re given the option to select from any audio on your device to use as the ringtone. Check out our article How to Add Music to Your Samsung Galaxy S6 if you haven’t already so that you can use any of your music as a ringtone.
- Once you've found a song or audio clip you want to use as your ringtone, tap Done at the top right.
Ringtones can also be set on a per-contact basis so that a specific ringtone plays when that person calls:
- Open the the contact either through the Phone app or the Contacts app.
- Navigate to the contact and tap Edit at the top of the screen.
- Tap Ringtone and select the ringtone you would like to use for this contact
- Tap Save.
For even more Galaxy S6 articles, check out our Samsung Galaxy S6 Tips & Tricks Roundup