While GoPro is best known for capturing awesome action video, your HERO4 Session can also take time lapse photos so your recordings last as long as your adventure. Check out how to set up and record time lapse photos on your GoPro HERO4 Session:
Time lapse photos can be taken on the Session in two ways. To take a time lapse using the GoPro smartphone app:
- Open the GoPro app and connect the Session camera. Check out our article on how to get your Session connected to the app.
- Select your GoPro camera from the Connect your Camera menu inside the app.
- Here you will see the live preview from your camera.
- Tap the Mode icon at the bottom left, between the record button and the wrench icon.
- Tap on the Multishot icon on the right, then Time Lapse to switch to time lapse mode.
- Tap the record button to take a photo.
- To change the rate at which the photos are taken in time lapse mode:
- Tap the wrench icon.
- Tap the Time Lapse Intervals menu, then select an interval. The interval can be set to take a photo every ½, 1, 2, 5, 10, or 60 seconds.
To take a time lapse with the Smart Remote accessory:
- Connect the Smart Remote to your Session. Check out our article on how to get connected.
- Click the Mode button until the icon with a clock and camera is on the screen. This sets your Session to Time Lapse mode.
- Click the Shutter button (red circle icon) to begin a time lapse at a 1 second interval.