While GoPro is best known for capturing awesome action video, your HERO4 Session can also take high resolution photos. Here’s how to capture photos using your Session camera:
Photos can be taken on the Session in two ways.
With the GoPro smartphone app:
- Open the GoPro app and connect the Session camera. Check out our article on how to get your Session connected to the app.
- Select your camera from the Connect your Camera menu inside the app.
- Here you will see the live preview from your camera.
- Tap the Mode icon at the bottom left, between the record button and the wrench icon.
- Tap on the camera icon, then Single to switch to photo mode.
- Tap the record button to take a photo.
- To change the resolution of the photos taken in photo mode:
- Tap the wrench icon.
- Under the Photo Settings section, tap the Megapixels menu, then select a resolution.
With the Smart Remote accessory:
- Connect the Smart Remote to your Session. Check out our article on how to get connected.
- Click the Mode button until the Camera icon is on the screen. This sets your Session to Photo mode.
- Click the Shutter button (red circle icon) to take a photo.