In addition to capturing great photos and video, the GoPro HERO4 Session includes the Burst feature, which lets you capture a moment with up to ten photos in one second. Check out how to use Burst mode on your Session:
Burst photos are a set of photos taken in quick succession. The rate at which these photos is set by default to take ten photos in one second, but can be changed to take 3 or 5 photos in one second, or 10 photos in two seconds.
Burst photos can be captured two different ways:
With Smart Remote
To take a set of burst photos with the Smart Remote:
- Pair the Smart Remote to your GoPro Session. Check out our article on how to get connected.
- Click the Mode button until the screen shows the Burst mode icon (a stack of three rectangles).
- Press the Shutter/Select button to begin taking Burst photos at the rate you set.
To adjust the rate of Burst photos with the Smart Remote:
- With Burst Mode Selected on your remote, click the Settings/Tag button (wrench icon).
- Click the Mode Button to scroll between the four burst mode rates.
- Click the Select/Record button on the rate you have selected.
With GoPro App
To take a set of burst photos with the GoPro App:
- Pair Your Session to the GoPro App on your smartphone. Check out our article on how to get connected.
- Tap on the listing for your camera to open Live View.
- Tap the Mode icon at the bottom right, then select the Burst Photos icon.
- Tap the Record button to begin capturing your burst photos.
To adjust the rate Burst photos are taken with the GoPro app:
- With the Session connected to the GoPro app, open Live View.
- Select Burst mode by tapping the Mode button to the left of the wrench icon, then select Burst mode.
- Tap on the Settings button (wrench icon).
- Under the Multi-Shot section, tap on Rate.
- Select a rate for bust photos, the move out of the Settings menu.