To make sure you get the most recording time possible and to ensure your media card works perfectly with your GoPro HERO4 Session, you should format the MicroSD card. Here’s how to format your MicroSD card to get maximum performance from your GoPro Session:
To format the SD card while it’s in use in the Session, your camera must be connected to the GoPro app on your smartphone.
To format the card via the GoPro app:
- Open the GoPro app and connect the Session camera. Check out our article on how to get your Session connected to the app.
- Select your camera from the Connect your Camera menu inside the app.
- In the live preview, tap on the wrench icon at the bottom left.
- Find and tap on the Delete option, then tap on “Delete All Files from SD Card”, then “Delete All Files (Format)”.
- Your SD card is now formatted and ready for optimal performance.