Rancho Cordova, California – In response to eager artists all over the world, Drawing Pad for iPad, developed by Tap’d, LLC, is launching its biggest update yet packed with over twenty new features including new tools, and advanced controls. Drawing Pad 2.4.1 is a mobile art studio featuring photo-realistic tools like crayons, markers, paint brushes, colored pencils, and roller pens.
Three of the new features include a collection of grey sketch pencils, color changing gradient brushes, and a text tool. Co-Founders of Tap’d, Christopher Lott and Darren Murtha spent the last year fine tuning Drawing Pad for what they hope will become the World’s Best Casual Doodling App.
Drawing Pad was just selected by Apple as “New and Noteworthy” in Entertainment!
Real world artists will appreciate the 16 new sketch pencils. Each pencil emulates a particular stroke size and shade of gray.
Kids will appreciate over a dozen new gradient tools.
New Features Include:
* Advanced Brush Control – Change texture, size, spacing, and transparency
* New brush textures – Nine new textures like Splatter, Airbrush, and more
* Color Wheel Panel – Choose any color and transparency and save it as a swatch
* Sketch Pencils – 16 new pencils from 6H to HB to 8B! Artists love the shades of grey
* Text Tool – Change the font, color and even add drop shadow! Use two fingers to resize the sticker. A picture is now worth 1,020 words. Students and teachers will appreciate this new functionality
* 14 New Roller Stamp Pens – New textures and colors
* New Swirl Color Shifting Tools – Gradient styles for 8 paintbrushes, 8 colored pencils, and 8 crayons
* Gradient Panel – Choose from twenty color combinations and change the spacing between colors
* Realistic Blending – Enhanced code, six sizes of blending
* Two Finger Pinch Zoom – Zoom out to see the overall artwork and zoom in for finer detail
* Two Finger Rotate Canvas – Comfortably position the canvas by rotating with two fingers
* Autosave – Artwork is saved when you exit the app or return to the main menu. Users can still manually save to create a duplicate
* Instructional Video – See how everything works from inside the App
* Enhanced Photo Import – Photos are automatically cropped to fit the device orientation
* Enhanced User Interface Graphics – Super crisp
* Improved gestures – Enter full screen drawing mode by effortlessly tapping the handle, closing the tool drawer
* Faster Album – Reduced the loading time for albums that have hundreds of drawings
* Bug Fix – AirPrint now prints correctly with landscape orientation
* Quick Access – “Crumpled paper” in the main tool drawer allows you to quickly erase your canvas without saving
* Improved workflow – “New button” in the main tool drawer to easily save your work and create a new document
Tap’d was recently commissioned by the Indianapolis Museum of Art (IMA) to modify and license Drawing Pad for use at their Star Studio Lounge. IMA created the Star Studio as a free, interactive space, for families to imagine, explore, create, share, and collaborate with art in new ways.
Famous Kid Tech Columnist for USA Today Jinny Gudmundsen recently published the book “iPad Apps for Kids, for Dummies” to help parents pick out amazing apps like Drawing Pad. She looked at thousands of apps and only wrote about the very top. In her review she said, Drawing Pad “is a full-fledged traveling art studio” and “your kids will enjoy the wide selection of stickers that can be sized using pinch-and-pull with two fingers. This drawing studio works well across a range of ages….I really like this app’s ability to let users create in landscape or portrait mode, depending on how you turn the iPad.”
Professional digital artist Kyle Lambert was one of the artists commissioned to help create compelling screenshots for the App Store. His work can be seen in the new promotional video. Kyle says, “Drawing Pad is a fun and easy to use iPad art app for kids and adults alike. It has very visual menus giving you instant access to a broad range of useful art tools. There are amazing features for kids including dowloadable coloring books and additional advanced features for more ambitious artists.”
English, Arabic, Bokmal, Norwegian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
* Requires iPad with iOS 4.3 or later
* 147 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Drawing Pad 2.4.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Located in Rancho Cordova, California, USA, Tap’d LLC was founded by Darren Murtha and Christopher Lott. All Material and Software (C) 2013 Tap’d LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.